Friday, January 18, 2013

Paleo Beef Stir Fry

On my Paleo path I am creating recipes that follow the guidelines and, I think, tastes good! I struggle with recipes that are "plain" without many spices. I am considered rather a foodie among my friends. I want Paleo to taste like foodie food. Here is another recipe on my quest!

Paleo Beef Stir Fry
Serves 2

(pics to come)

Ingredients-

1/2 pound of boneless beef short ribs
1/2 of a red bell pepper cut into 1/2 inch strips
1/4 of a green bell pepper cut into 1/2 inch strips
1 small white onion
1 tablespoon roasted garlic
1/4 teaspoon of sesame oil (Paleo iffy, I know)
1 teaspoon of soy sauce (Paleo iffy, I know)
coconut oil for cooking

How to-
Add some coconut oil in your skillet over medium heat, whatever amount you usually saute with. I add about a 1/4 teaspoon.
When the oil is hot, but not smoking, add your bell peppers and onions
Cook for about 5 minutes, shaking pan often.
While your veggies are cooking, trim your short rib pieces and cut into long 1/2- 1/4 thick pieces... thin enough to coo fast, thick enough not to injury yourself cutting it.
After 5 minutes has passed and your veggies are browned, place them aside in a bowl and add your meat to the skillet... not touching and cook quickly on both side until browned.
While your meat is cooking mix the sesame oil, soy sauce and roasted garlic in a bowl.
When your meat is browned on both sides add your veggies back into the skillet and give it a shake to incorporate.
Add your sesame soy garlic mix (it will be think so you might have to scoop it out and dab it around)
Add just enough water to your sesame soy garlic bowl to swish it around and get all the goodies out, then pour that over the meat and veggies.
Stir together and left some of the water steam out until everything has a light coat of the mix.

Serve and enjoy.

tips, additions, and amendments-
You can substitute green beans instead of all the bell pepper.
If you do not use soy or sesame, try whatever your normally substitute.
Chill your meat to make it easier to cut.
Buy twice the meat you need and use the est cut into strips for No Tortilla Fajitas

Disclaimer-
These recipes are intended to be guides, measurements can be altered to suite your taste, and they have not been professionally tested.

1 comment:

  1. This is an asian food right? I think this is perfect for our dinner later because my wife loves asian food. I will show this to him. Thanks for sharing!

    Recipe for Stir Fry Sauce

    ReplyDelete